Saturday, July 6, 2013

Achievement Report - July 6, 2013

As expected, I've spread my gaming love around quite a bit this week.  Here are the happenings:

Bean Dive
I mentioned last week that I'd be participating in TrueAchievement's annual Bean Dive.  Out of fear for Team Lazy Eye's position in the GTASC, I've hastily done just that (and in the process missed the opportunity for a bunch of Games on Demand titles that were on sale this week...).  Here's what I started:

Dark Souls (PC) - yeah, I already have the Xbox version, but I got this one on the cheap during a Steam sale.  It can't hurt to have two copies of a soul-crushingly hard game, can it?
Crash Course 2 - a free game released a couple months ago, the rampant server issues had prevented me from ever playing it.  For some reason, it let me in last weekend, so I'm not complaining.
Renegade Ops - I picked this up during a recent Deal of the Week, as I've always enjoyed twin-stick shooters.  After playing for about 15 minutes, I don't yet have a strong opinion on it.
SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World - this one is undoubtedly the disappointment of the bunch, as the Monster World games have definitely not aged well.  A tedious grind is ahead of me with this game...
Spartacus Legends - another free game.  I've never been too keen on fighting games, but the gimmicks in this one might be enough to keep me interested for a while.  Who knows?
Disney Universe - an equally valid title would be "LEGO Disney," as it follows the same formula as the LEGO games.  I'm a fan of that silly style of platforming, though, so I think I'm going to enjoy this one.
The Cursed Crusade - I grabbed this game because the synopsis sounded interesting and it was heavily discounted.  I'm not too impressed, but at least it doesn't seem like it's going to be a huge investment.
Rayman 3 HD - another special deal acquisition, I bought this one because I adore Rayman Origins.  Origins was the first Rayman game I'd ever played, so I wanted to give an earlier iteration a shot; seems like it'll be fairly fun.

A pretty pathetic Bean Dive compared to what some people are doing, and its effect on my completion percent was barely noticeable (it dropped 0.91%).  It's fun to contribute to the site-wide statistics, though, so I'm glad to have been a part of it.  Maybe next year I'll have a more exciting showing.

GTASC
It finally happened.  Nearing the end of this week's scoring period, Team Lazy Eye was at the bottom of the bracket.  We valiantly fought to push our way out of the danger zone, but in the final minutes, the team in last place (Carved Out of More Pork) zoomed ahead, bumping us down far enough for elimination.

We made it to the top 48, though, so we (barely) accomplished my goal of being in the top 50.  Maybe we'll have better luck next year.

Anyhow, beyond the Bean Dive, I spent most of my Xbox time on three games:

I continued playing Disney Universe and Crash Course 2, earning many of the achievements in each.

I also spent some more time with Nier, although I didn't do much aside from additional crafting material farming.

In the end, it wasn't enough to keep us going, but it was a fun competition while it lasted.

StarCraft II
I played a fair amount of StarCraft this week, too, knocking a good number of vs. AI matches out.  I still have a ways to go on that front, but progress is progress, eh?

Rogue Legacy
In the middle of last week, I bought Rogue Legacy.  It is one hell of a game, and I sunk a good chunk of my spare time into it this week.  I don't want to say too much about it now, as I'm drafting a review for it, but if you're interested, I streamed my first playthrough.  Check out the VODs on twitch.tv or YouTube.

And that does it for this week.  Now that the GTASC isn't on my radar anymore, I don't really have many concrete gaming goals for the next week.  I'll also be much busier in general for the next few weeks, so I may not have a lot going on until the end of the month.  Either way, I hope to have something to talk about this time next week.  Until then, tschüss.

No comments:

Post a Comment