Sunday, January 31, 2016

GTASC 2016: Week 3 Report

I was a little worried nearing the end of this week, as we were only 1,000 points above the elimination line with about 6 hours to go.  I have to remember that we're still early in the competition, so the ~100 teams that were behind us weren't all going to blast ahead while I was asleep.

We ended the period 1,017 points above the line.  I really should not have been worried.

Anyway, here's what I worked on this week:

Neverwinter - 404 TA Score - Oh, boy, Neverwinter.  I hit level 70 at the beginning of this scoring period, which unlocked epic dungeons and three new campaigns.  I got achievements for some of the epic dungeons and skirmishes, but I still have a long way to go on that front, as the highest-level dungeons require my character to be a lot stronger than he currently is.  Plus I still need to get my secondary character up to level 70 as well.  I imagine there will be a lot of Neverwinter grinding in the next couple months.

The good news: this new content is a hell of a lot more interesting than the painfully repetitive "vigilance" tasks that got me from level 60 to 70.  It's hard, to be sure, but it's a lot more diverse, so it feels a lot less tedious.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - 545 TA Score - Yeah, I know I'm way behind on this one.  I bought it back when it was new, but I never got around to playing it.  Figured it would be an easy way to get a few hundred points this week, and it definitely was that.

I'll admit: I wasn't really feeling the story through the first three episodes or so.  Yeah, I though Clementine's development was done really well, but it wasn't until the last third of the game or so that I truly got invested.  I ended up with a pretty good opinion of Season 2 overall, but it took a while to really grip me.

Just Dance 2014 - 283 TA Score - Big surprise, I'm sure - I kept grinding away at this one, earning 5 stars in a handful of songs.  I think I still have a decent ways to go, though I haven't actually counted up the number of songs I've completed (the in-game menu is atrocious, so it's a huge pain to check how many stars I've earned on each Classic routine).  I did, however, pop the achievement for burning 2000 calories, which came with a sizeable TA score.

Polychromatic -  1047 TA Score - More Polychromatic as well.  I knocked out the skill-based achievements with a little practice.  After that, it was just a matter of grinding out a bunch of points.  Overall not too bad of a completion.

I also realized this week that I've failed to mention a couple of the other games I've been grinding recently: Magic Duels and Kinectimals Unleashed.  I'm far from earning any achievements in either of these games, but I'm doing daily quests to keep inching closer.  Slow and steady.

That does it for this week's gaming on my end.  What were you playing this week?

Until next time, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment