Saturday, May 18, 2013

Achievement Report - May 18, 2013

Another week down!

GTASC
The first game I started playing in this scoring period was starting and completing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.  The full completion took less than six-and-a-half hours, so it's pretty quick and painless.  Check out my full review here.

Later in the week, I managed to find a few people willing to play a 2v2 in Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, which allowed me to mop up the last remaining achievement in that game.  Clash of Heroes brings me up to 181 completed games, which I'd say is a decent feat.

After that, I noticed that the rest of my team had done amazingly well early in the week, putting us solidly in the middle of the pack for the GTASC.  I took that as an opportunity to focus my efforts elsewhere, as it seemed like we would be pretty safe this week.

Kingdom of Loathing
I decided this week to take KoL a bit more casually.  With the end of the Avatar of Jarlsberg challenge path, I've started a softcore AoJ run to work towards the level 30 trophy, which I'll use to transition into another basement run and possibly to explore the new Sea content.  This change in pace will mean that I won't get as many ascension rewards, but it'll also give me an opportunity to do some of the slower stuff, like bounties for the Hound and the Bounty-Hunting Rig, eating Black Puddings and drinking Around the Worlds for the related trophies, or maybe even my first excursions into Hobopolis in the clan dungeon.

I have a long way to go to level 30...
I guess I'll have to see how I feel once I drop the AoJ restrictions after hitting level 30.

StarCraft II
I diversified my StarCrafting this week, playing a number of Team and vs. AI games as usual, but also jumping back into the Heart of the Swarm campaign to grab some more of those achievements.  In the process, I got some achievements all around.  Here are the highlights:

In the HotS campaign, I earned all of the "regular" achievements, as well as a number of Mastery achievements.  I still have some Mastery achievements to go, but they aren't proving to be too difficult, so I might be able to complete the HotS campaign sometime in the next couple weeks.

I also played a fair number of multiplayer matches, making the most significant progress towards the vs. AI achievements.  I've gotten to the point where I just need to get a bunch (~100) Terran wins vs. AI, which gets terribly boring for a Zerg player, so I can't really stand to do too many of those matches at a time.

Guild Wars
I finally got around to finishing the Fort Ranik mission on my new roleplaying character, and I've continued grinding towards filling out my Hall of Monuments.  I've discovered a few more scenarios that overwhelm my 7-hero build, but it's generally working quite well.  I think that just means that for certain dungeons or elite missions I'll need to swap some heroes out for something more appropriate.  The VODs for those activities are available on twitch.

Some of my current title progress.
Still, I'm inching towards the Guild Wars 2 Rewards Points necessary for all the in-game unlocks.  My next goal is complete the Guardian titles, as that will both earn some gold (for buying elite armors and weapons) and get me four more titles to display.

And that's it for this week.  I'm going to try to hit the GTASC pretty hard for the remainder of the weekend, then I'd like to put some pressure on my StarCraft and Guild Wars achievement hunting.  I hope next week's report will be equally impressive.  Until then, tschüss.

No comments:

Post a Comment