Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Magic - Winning Through Excessive Taxation

I've been excited by Extort since I first saw it in action, and I'm finally getting around to crafting a deck built around this interesting mechanic.  The goal is pretty simple: focus on removal (and survival in general) while Extorting everything like mad.

As such, the basic strategy is as follows: get as many permanents with Extort into play as possible, then cast tons of cheap spells for an annoying win by Extort.  It's pretty straightforward.

Here's what I slapped together:

Creatures:

4 Thrull Parasite
4 Basilica Screecher
2 High Priest of Penance
2 Syndic of Tithes
2 Vizkopa Guildmage
3 Kingpin's Pet
2 Alms Beast
1 Guardian of the Gateless
1 Vizkopa Confessor
1 Treasury Thrull

Instants:

2 Shielded Passage
2 Smite
2 Doom Blade
2 Geth's Verdict
2 Orzhov Charm

Sorceries:

2 Lingering Souls

Enchantments:

1 Blind Obedience
1 One Thousand Lashes

Lands:

1 Godless Shrine
1 Isolated Chapel
10 Plains
12 Swamp

I think the mana curve is low enough and I have enough Extorters that I should be able to start Extorting consistently by turn three or four, culminating in four or five Extorts on top of each spell in the late game.  Assuming I can keep my Extorters going through the game, I think I'll be in a great defensive position to Extort my enemies to death.

I'm really looking forward to testing this one out and finding all the major weaknesses; it'll be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment